Step 1: Completely uninstall the existing Kaarma Desktop
- Navigate to "Control Panel" and click "Uninstall a Program"
- From the Uninstall a Program window, select the Kaarma Desktop and click "uninstall"
- Select "yes" on the dialog to uninstall Kaarma
NOTE: There is no need to uninstall any device drivers.
Step 1(b) - Required for Dealers currently on special version 188.8.131.52
Note: This step is required if you had previously installed an EMV Beta version of the Kaarma Desktop
- Click on Windows Run and type "cmd"
- Select "command prompt" from the menu and right click on it. The select "Run as administrator"
- At the command prompt, type "SC delete CreditcallChipDNAServer" and hit <enter>
- At this time you may see a success or failure message. Please ignore the message and close the command prompt.
- You must restart your computer after this step.
Step 2: Re-install Kaarma from a "fresh" download
- After Kaarma uninstalls, you will need to download the latest version of Kaarma.
- You should have received a URL that you were originally sent as part of the Kaarma install package. If you do not have the URL, please have Kaarma support generate one for your dealership and email to you.
- Please download and follow instructions on how to install the latest Kaarma desktop package, at the URL obtained in the above step.
- When Kaarma desktop starts, it will go through a series of "Updates". This is normal. Kaarma is installing all the incremental updates as part of the self-updating script.
At this time, you have the latest Kaarma desktop application installed.